Change of School Blazer Supplier
I am writing to inform you that St. Paul's RC Academy will change the supplier of our school blazers and ties in time for academic session 2014-15. The school’s Pupil Council contacted a number of blazer suppliers to source an alternative to the present supplier and we are now in a position to confirm the changes for you.
At the beginning of academic session 2013-14, the Pupil Council consulted with every pupil in the school via PSHE lessons and identified a number of projects the pupils identified as being important to them. One of the projects identified was to source alternative uniform suppliers. Following a thorough consultation exercise with pupils, parents and staff we have decided to change our blazer supplier to Academy Uniforms Limited, East Kilbride.
Academy Uniforms will supply us with both fitted and non-fitted Eco-Blazers made, in part, using 16 recycled plastic bottles. The Pupil Council have taken on board the opinions of all stakeholders to ensure we have sourced a high quality product with a high quality of service.
We can confirm the following in relation to fittings and cost:-
- Blazer fittings will take place on Monday 2nd June 2014 with a catch-up day planned prior to the summer holidays for any pupil who is absent that day.
- Collection of blazers will take place on Tuesday 19th August 2014.
- The total cost will be £50 (including braiding and badge). Where extra sleeve length is required a further cost of £7 will be incurred.
- A deposit of £25 will be paid on Monday 2nd June 2014.
- The outstanding balance of £25 will be paid on Tuesday 19th August 2014.
- The cost of school ties, both junior and senior, will be £5. Senior ties can be purchased on Tuesday 19th August 2014 when pupils collect their blazers.
We would like to emphasise that there is no need for new S6 pupils to renew their blazer unless they wish to change to the fitted option.
Should you require any further information regarding the changes noted above, please do not hesitate to contact me at the school on 01382 307708.
On behalf of the Pupil Council