S4 Biology Home Learning
National 4 Biology
National 5 Biology
- Transport in plants home learning help. Click here for the word bank.
- Unit 2 Multicellular Organisms revision questions:
- Describe how these cells are specialised to perform a particular function:
SPERM CELL; NERVE CELL; RED BLOOD CELL; MUSCLE CELL; CILIATED EPITHELIAL CELL
ROOT HAIR CELL; PALISADE CELL
- What is: A TISSUE; AN ORGAN; A SYSTEM?
- What are stems cells? Name two types of stem cells.
- Describe one use of stem cell research in humans and explain an ethical issue.
- What are meristems? Where would you find them?
- Draw a diagram of the brain; label the three main parts; give the function of each part.
- Describe the path taken by a nerve impulse in a reflex action.
- Where are the following gametes produced: sperm; egg; ovule; pollen grain?
- What is the correct term for a fertilised egg?
- How many chromosomes in a: human cell; human gamete
- What do the terms DIPLOID and HAPLOID mean?
- What do the following words mean: GENE; ALLELE; GENOTYPE; PHENOTYPE; HOMOZYGOUS; HETEROZYGOUS;
- What do the following words mean: VARIATION; DISCRETE VARIATION; DISCONTINUOUS VARIATION – give examples of each type of variation; how would you display data for each type of variation?
- What is Transpiration?
- What is the function of Xylem?
- What is the function of Phloem?
- What are stomata?
- What are Guard cells?
- Name three types of blood vessels; describe each blood vessel and give its function.
- Name the main structures associated with the lungs?
- What process moves gases between lungs and blood? What makes the lungs efficient at gas exchange?
- What is peristalsis? Describe the process of peristalsis.
- What process moves digested food from the small intestine to the blood?
- Name the structures that make up the digestive system.
- Describe the structure and function of a VILLUS.